Things I Never Learned In High School...or college.
- How to do taxes
- What taxes are
- How to vote
- What political parties are
- How to write a resume/cover letter/anything related to getting a job
- How to write a check/balance a check book
- Anything to do with banking
- How to do loans for college
- How to jump start a car or other basic emergency things
- How to buy a car or house
but I’m so glad I know the fucking pythagorean theorem
And I read some really nice poems originating in 12th century England.
“Most of life is hell. It’s filled with failure and loss. People disappoint you, dreams don’t work out, hearts get broken, innocent journalists die, and the best moments of life, when everything comes together, are few and fleeting, but you will never get to the next great moment if you don’t keep going. So that’s what I do, I keep going.” —Elaine Barrish, Political Animals (via allthecolorsiaminside)